The New Zealand Male Choir of is an auditioned choir comprised of over 50 members from throughout New Zealand, who give their time and their commitment voluntarily for the joy of singing.
The objectives of the Choir are to:
- Develop an auditioned male choir that aspires to a standard of excellence in practice and performance;
- Represent New Zealand in an professional manner both nationally and internationally;
- Support worthwhile civic or charitable causes, frequently in co-operation with local choirs;
- Support and encourage choral singing in New Zealand schools and communities; and
- Attain and maintain a quality and reputation that will continue to attract suitable new members.
The repertoire encompasses a broad genre including sacred, spiritual, NZ traditional, folk, popular, contemporary and waiata. The repertoire provides an entertaining range of music and also seeks to provide a challenge to Choir members.
The Choir tours, competes and performs both locally and internationally. It collaborates with a range of individuals and choirs in accordance with its objectives.
Excellent tuition in choral singing is provided to the members through a very experienced and expert music team so there are opportunities for personal and collective development as part of our ongoing improvement strategy.